Last night Facebook released some staggering figures that have had the news, business and social media outlets amazed.
This would be the bit where I could bore you all with technical details and stock market figures...
Instead in my own usual way I will break it down into bullet point details:
1. Half of the UK population is on Facebook.
2. Facebook revenue from businesses that spend on advertising on the platform is up 177%!!! That's right, 177%!
3. 65 million Pages exist on Facebook
(these are Business, Company, Brand, Org Pages etc).
4. Facebook introduces recommendations to the UK! The feature will allow friends to recommend and Facebook to suggest businesses to use.
5. Video is the future (For the time being at least)! Facebook will be giving priority to longer videos.
As you can see these are exciting times for Facebook and for businesses that are on Facebook.
Just on Tuesday of this week at my 'Facebook For Business' workshop I was talking to delegates about how Facebook is growing and how we can use video and Facebook LIVE.
The above information also tells us just how important Facebook is to your business and how this will grow! Remember Facebook is only 12 years old and in my opinion will get bigger and bigger. By the year 2020 Facebook expect over 40 million people in the UK to be on Facebook!
If you are not on Facebook as your business/brand/organisation… In my opinion; you should be. It doesn't take long to set up a Facebook Business Page, it is very simple and easy to do…. If you're not sure, here at Soc-Med we offer a Facebook setup package for just £129 +VAT. Call us on 0161 410 4455 to arrange.
I hope you found the above information useful and it underscores the importance of Facebook; now and in the future…
Remember, Facebook is only going to get bigger!
Using Facebook allows you to put your companies own personal billboard underneath the thumb of your customer.